Synthetic or Human Hair? Everything You Need to Know Before Buying a Wig
Ancient Egyptians are said to have invented the wig prior to the 1600s. It really does not matter who made them first; I’m just happy that short wigs the wig was made! Every woman/person who knows the heartache of a bad hair day appreciates the value of a good wig. Indeed, wigs have found new meaning in the 21st century. They are trendy and help all manner of people achieve the desired look conveniently. Wigs also help people maintain their natural hair better. Constant heat treatment and styling of natural hair is detrimental. As a wig lover and wearer, I salute the evolution and prominence of this pivotal beauty item. When looking to buy a wig online, you do not have the privilege to touch and feel it. To this end, knowing how to judge the quality and style is crucial to making an informed decision. This comprehensive resource gives you the tools you need to order the most suitable wig that meets your needs.
What exactly is a wig?
According to an online dictionary, a wig is a covering made using real or artificial hair. The definition goes ahead to state that wigs are mainly worn by judges and barristers in courts of law or by people who are trying to hide a bald head. In the current day, wigs are popularly worn by women as a fashion statement. With hair or without, many people will wear stylish wigs in a bid to look updated and neat. Wigs also have cultural meanings where celebrities create their brand and persona around certain wig-enhanced looks.
Types of wigs available in the market
Wigs are made using synthetic hair, human hair or a mixture of human and animal hair. Sheep, agora rabbits and horses are some of the most common sources of animal hair used to make wigs.
Wigs made using synthetic hair
Synthetic wigs are made using man-made hair. Some of the most common materials used to make them include nylon and acrylic fibers. Synthetic hair technology has really improved making some of the best looking wigs in the market synthetic. In fact, some man-made hair wigs cannot be differentiated from human or natural hair wigs. There are many merits of choosing a synthetic wig as highlighted below;
– Good quality ones look very real and natural
– They are more affordable compared to natural hair or human hair wigs
– Synthetic options will not have the problem of tangling, this is common in human hair kinds
– These wigs will retain their styling even after washing
– You can choose a variety of styles and designs from the market as you desire
– Overall, they are easy to maintain
– Synthetic wigs come pre styled and you cannot manipulate or change the style as you wish
– Synthetic wigs have a shorter life of not more than 6 months – this will however depend on the brand
Wigs made using human hair
Human hair wigs give you the comfort of knowing that you are indeed wearing real hair. As alluded to above, the human hair can be mixed with real animal hair to form a hybrid. This type of wig comes with a set of pros and cons as given below;
– Styling can be done to your pleasure. You can color, perm and style just like your real hair. Therefore, you need a good stylist to keep your human hair wig looking great
– Because of the texture versatility, you can get a wig that is very close to the texture of your natural hair
– These wigs will often last longer than their synthetic counterparts. A person who is wearing such a wig daily can enjoy a year-long service or longer
– These wigs look and feel natural and this can enhance your overall outlook and confidence